Water Damage from Standing Water Insurance Claim - Q and A

Q: I have standing water under my house after several days of heavy rain. It is an old house and the AC ducts run on the ground and some are secured to house off the ground. Will this ruin my AC ducts? Do I have a claim? Thank you, Becky

A: Becky, before I answer your question you should know that I am a licensed public adjuster in Florida, and I am not licensed in GA. I can only give you suggestions based on insurance policies in Florida. Firstly, I would recommend contacting an AC Duct repair company to evaluate the situation involving the ducts. Secondly, in Florida property insurance policies often have a general exclusion related to water damage from flood, surface water, waves, tidal water, and storm surges. This is something that you would have to explore as it pertains to your insurance policy. Additionally, it would probably be beneficial to you to contact a Public Adjuster. A Public Adjuster would be able to sort out these issues more thoroughly, as Public Adjusters are experts at policy interpretation and coverages, pricing, and evaluating damages. The National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA) has a website that can help you find a Public Adjuster in your area.

For FREE Consultations, call 855-411-2358